Today you can find informations everywhere, but for some people branding still might be difficult to understand, what it means, what it imply etc. First of all some people will say that it is the logo, but in fact it is a whole concept, and vision over your business, it’s an idea, a feeling, a promise, a narrative, a tone, an experience and even more.
Here are 3 books that will help you improve your branding knowledge.
1. Hello, My Name is Awesome: How to Create Brand Names That Stick, by Alexandra Watkins
- For a brand to create a lasting impact, its name has to suggest something creative or metaphorical about your brand.
- Customers are more likely to remember brands with names that evoke powerful visuals.
- A good creative brief can provide you with all the ingredients needed to come up with a brand name that works.
2. Book of Branding – A Guide to Creating Brand Identity for Startups and Beyond, by Radim Malinic
- Brand building is an important first step to creating design work that matters and endures.
- Good creative leadership is critical to creative collaboration, which in turn helps teams hit their goals and produce great work.
- Don’t choose a typeface based on what’s fashionable. Rather, choose the one that best represents your brand’s core values, visual language, and tone.
3. Designing Brand Identity: An Essential Guide for the Whole Branding Team, by Alina Wheeler
- If you want to differentiate your brand from competitors, each and every branding effort must be intentional. If it’s devoid of intention, it doesn’t count.
- Your actions, decisions, and messaging must be informed by your brand strategy. But also make sure that your brand strategy is aligned with your mission and core values.
- Great brands are a reflection of their internal culture. If you want to grow your brand the right way, build a culture you can be proud of.